
It just occurred to me the other day that I only have about a month and a half left in Minnesota. It's kind of weird to think because this place has been my home for the last three years. Obviously, home will always be Iowa but you know what I mean. I haven't been to Iowa for longer than 2 weeks for these years. Anyway, I am having some bittersweet emotions about almost being done here. I remember when I looked at the school here, I felt peace that I was supposed to be here... and now the time is coming to an end already. I feel like I've grown so much, especially in the last year here. I've also made some really good friends and I am really going to miss my roommates! They've basically been like family to me this last year.
I am really excited to find out what God has for me in the next couple months. I'm planning to move to California in June.. which is only about 2 months away.. really? Already? I've been anxiously awaiting this for a long time but it's weird that I am now "closing a chapter" in my life, if you will. Right now, I don't know that I'll ever live in Minnesota again but you never know. All I know is that God is GOOD! Dude, He is AWESOME. I love not knowing exactly what is around the next corner. It keeps life exciting. I wondered the other day if I would ever actually grow up. I don't see myself "settling down" for a long time.. but then again, I will probably look back on this and laugh soon.
I remember this random day that I was riding home from community college with my then-boyfriend and we were talking about what we were going to do next... and I just had this feeling that we weren't going in the same direction. It wasn't a happy or sad feeling.. just a kind of "I know" moment. It's really funny to look back and think of where you thought you would be right now... about five years ago. HA!
Well, I worked today.. came home to a lovely Easter dinner with Nicole.. took a nap.. had some laughs with my roommates......... and now am procrastinating going to sleep :)
I just wanted to write a little note and say that I am so happy. God has blessed me with so much and I need to learn to be truely thankful for everything He has provided me with. Again, God is GOOD!
God is good! :D
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to see where he takes all of us in the next few years!